Health & Wellness
For the safety and protection of all, students should not attend school with any symptoms below and will be sent home for any of the following symptoms:
- Cold symptoms. Keep student home during period of productive cough and yellow or green nasal discharge.
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher. Students who have been ill with a fever need to be fever-free, without the use of medication, for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Eyes that are red, swollen, crusting or draining
- Untreated, draining ears or earache
- Diarrhea or Vomiting. Keep student home for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Severe nausea
- Severe sore throat
- Head lice
- Childhood communicable disease – contact the district nurse
If a student is at school with any of these symptoms, the parent/guardian will be called to pick up the student. Under certain circumstances, parents may be asked to consult a physician and to provide a written note from a doctor indicating that the student may return to school.